Tuesday, April 04, 2006

A Moment of Contemplation

This happened some time ago.

When something truly dreadful happens in the world, if there is a national 'two minutes silence' being observed, our shop will join in.

Once, just as the two minutes silence was about to begin, I was serving someone who was hard of hearing. Someone, who actually had quite a loud voice, possibly so they could hear themselves talk.

The two minutes' silence started and the customer left my till. Then, just as a reverent silence fell on the store, my customer wheeled round and shouted: 'You short changed me! YOU SHORT CHANGED ME!'.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was an existential statement in response to whatever the silence was for?

25/4/06 1:09 PM  
Blogger space adventures said...

I like to think so, I really do.

25/4/06 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home